Welcome

Welcome to the the new look Spatial Analysis blog. My last post was way back in March so I have a lot of catching up to do! The prolonged absence was due to all my energy being spent on completing my PhD thesis in order that I could get it out of the way before starting my new job at the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis in London. I will be teaching a module on GI Systems and Science so may share some resources here or be on the lookout for ideas. In addition to the odd teaching resource to add to the growing list of R Spatial resources I hope to continue to upload visualisations of some of the latest freely available datasets and also scour the internet for great work that others have done.

I have put a lot of effort into transferring my previous posts and material to the new look blog. If you spot any missing images please let me know. In addition I have added a whole new Map Gallery section. This in part is to help fill the gap left by the Map Room blog no longer being updated but mainly to help readers quickly navigate my favourite maps as I upload them. So to kick things off I have uploaded a couple of fresh posts that I hope you enjoy.