Big Data + Travel in the Future

Pisa

Found myself speaking at a massive extravaganza the 2014 Internet Festival in Pisa this coming Saturday 11th October amongst a fascinating line up. In a session with Laszlo Barabasi, Carlo Mol and Davy Jansenns, about how the physical meets the virtual when it comes to how we interact. Don’t know what I will say as yet but I’d better not give the same old stuff about complexity and cities so i need to liven it up with …. well I’ll post it when its done. Click here however  for the complete program

Following the “digital crumbs” each and every one of us leaves behind when we use digital devices, science can now measure our desires, life styles, social relationships and movements in society. This new social microscope provides us with the data to help us understand how the complex organism that is human society operates. This workshop will discuss the challenges and opportunities we will face in the near future, starting with the results of a CNR and University of Pisa European research project that predicts the arrival of the electric car and its impact. With international experts we will debate the challenges facing future means of transport. To conclude the event, we will present the results from the TagMyDay project.